VIRALEZE Antiviral Nasal Spray 10ml
- Provides a protective moisturising barrier that traps and inactivates respiratory viruses
- Contains astodrimer sodium, shown in laboratory studies to trap and inactivate respiratory viruses, including >99.9% of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, helping to reduce exposure to viral pathogens, but without completely avoiding the risk of infection
- Easy to use and can be stored at room temperature
- Can be used as needed, up to 4 times per day
Free shipping on orders over €75 within the EU.
For orders outside the EU, spend €75 for a €5 shipping discount, or €165 for a €10 shipping discount.
5609 in stock
Maximum 12 units per order
VIRALEZE™ blocks a broad spectrum of respiratory viruses.
VIRALEZE™ provides a protective moisturising barrier that traps and inactivates respiratory viruses. The nasal spray contains astodrimer sodium, which has been shown in laboratory studies to trap and inactivate respiratory viruses, including >99.9% of coronavirus SARS-CoV-2†, the virus that causes COVID-19, helping to reduce exposure to respiratory viral pathogens, but without completely avoiding the risk of infection.
Astodrimer sodium within the antiviral nasal spray has been shown to trap and inactivate other respiratory viruses such as H1N1 influenza viruses, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), and other human coronaviruses in laboratory studies.
VIRALEZE™ targets the area in the nasal cavity where respiratory viruses that cause colds, flu, and other respiratory illnesses first attach and start to multiply.
The mucoadhesive formula of VIRALEZE™ provides a physical moisture barrier in your nose that hydrates the nasal mucosa for protection against mucosal drying and damage, thereby supporting your body’s natural defenses against viruses. Inactivated viruses are eliminated naturally through your nasal mucus.
Rapid acting, astodrimer sodium inactivates >99.9% of virus within one minute.† VIRALEZE™ can be used anywhere, anytime in combination with social distancing, hand washing, face masks, vaccination, and other public health measures.
Always read the label and follow the instructions for use. This medical device is a regulated health product which bears, under this regulation, the CE marking. Do not use if you have a history of sensitivity to any ingredients in the formulation. Not for use in children under the age of 12 years. See a doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Always follow recommendations from health authorities, including vaccination and good hygiene practices, such as the use of masks, physical distancing, and regular handwashing to ensure the best possible protection against respiratory viruses. For information on how to use, and for a list of warnings and precautions, click here.
Features of VIRALEZE™ Antiviral Nasal Spray
- Provides a moisturising protective barrier to support your body’s natural defenses against viruses
- Protective barrier traps and inactivates respiratory viruses, such as H1N1 influenza virus, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) and other coronaviruses in laboratory studies
- Astodrimer sodium has been shown in laboratory studies to inactivate >99.9% of SARS-CoV-2 within one minute†
- Acts locally in the nasal cavity and is not absorbed into the bloodstream
- Protects from nasal dryness and damage
- Multi-use nasal spray with pump
- 10ml/80 sprays
- Instructions for Use
- Children aged 12 years and over
†Paull, J.R.A. et al. Virucidal and antiviral activity of astodrimer sodium against SARS-CoV-2 in vitro. Antiviral Research 2021, 191, 105089. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.antiviral.2021.105089
Paull, J.R.A. et al. Protective effects of astodrimer sodium 1% nasal spray formulation against SARS-CoV-2 nasal challenge in K18-hACE2 mice. Viruses 2021, 13(8), 1656. https://doi.org/10.3390/v13081656
Warnings & Precautions
- Not for use in children under the age of 12 years.
- Do not use if you have a history of sensitivity to any ingredient in the formulation.
- Do not exceed 4 applications in 24 hours.
- Do not use with other nasal products.
- Do not use if the packaging or container are damaged.
- See a doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant or are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
- See your healthcare provider if respiratory symptoms appear, persist, or worsen.
- Stop use and consult a healthcare provider if you experience any serious side effects.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- To avoid contamination, the nasal spray should not be used by more than one person.
You may experience mild effects such as stuffy nose or a transient tingling sensation in the nose following the application of VIRALEZE™. These effects are expected and are not of concern. If you experience severe discomfort, consult your healthcare provider.
How to Use
One spray into each nostril as required, up to 4 times per day.
- Gently blow your nose to clear your nasal passages.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and dry them with a clean towel. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitiser.
- Remove the protective cap from the nozzle.
- Hold the bottle with your index and middle fingers on each side of the bottle and your thumb on the bottom of the bottle.
- If necessary, prime the bottle by spraying VIRALEZE™ one or more times into the air or into a tissue until a fine mist is dispensed. VIRALEZE™ is now ready for use.
- Close one nostril by pressing on that side of your nose, and gently insert the nozzle into the other nostril (the tip should be slightly angled away from the midline of the nose).
- Keeping the bottle upright, depress the pump to discharge the spray while gently breathing in through the nose.
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 for the other nostril.
- Wipe the nozzle with a clean tissue and replace the protective cap after use. Store out of reach of children.
Please note if you blow your nose after spraying VIRALEZE™ antiviral nasal spray you will need to reapply.
Purified water, astodrimer sodium, glycerol, propylene glycol, sodium hydroxide, methyl p-hydroxybenzoate, carbomer homopolymer type B, propyl p-hydroxybenzoate, disodium edetate.